Excel is proud to operate in the sanctuary cities of Boston and Chelsea, and we welcome all students and families regardless of immigration
status. Our doors are open and we will continue to serve all members of our community.
Excel Academy offers free and confidential assistance to our families in a variety of areas, including information related to immigration services and access to benefits like health insurance.
Call 617-466-9384 to speak with the Excel Academy Benefits Access Team about health insurance, SNAP, or any other questions.
We want to ensure that you know what to do if you or someone you know, is behind on their rent or receives an eviction notice:
- If you are behind on your rent:
- Apply to RAFT immediately.
- If you can pay a portion of your monthly rent, no matter how small, you should do so. Set up a payment plan with your landlord, and you can sometimes avoid an eviction notice.
- Declare your eligibility for the federal eviction ban, which extends through the end of 2020, to protect yourself. You can download the form here or pick up a copy at one of Excel’s meal distribution sites, and then email a photo of it to City Life/Vida Urbana at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you receive an eviction notice, or a Notice to Quit:
- You should not leave your home or make plans to move until you have spoken with a housing advocate.
- Immediately call:
- City Life/Vida Urbana
- English: 617-934-5006
- Spanish: 617-397-3773
- Greater Boston Legal Services: 617-603-1807 (call and leave a message)
- Nicole Summers – Harvard Legal Aid Bureau: 617-384-5594
- Joseph Michalakes – Greater Boston Legal Services: 857-540-5543
- City Life/Vida Urbana
We have compiled a list of additional resources for you below, and we are here for you to help as much as we can within our ability.
Resources | Recursos
|Program | Programa||Resource Language | Lenguaje del recurso|
|City Life/Vida Urbana||English, Español|
|RAFT & Metro Housing||English|
|Public Housing Application||English, Español, Português|
|Chelsea Housing Assistance||English|
|Mutual Aid Eastie||English|
Article | Articulo
“10 Steps to Take to Try to Prevent Your Own Eviction”
Support Contacts | Contactos de Ayuda
Mayor’s Office of Housing Stability
Gloria Devine, East Boston Family Engagement Network | East Boston Social Center
Nathalia Benitez, Office of Neighborhood Services | East Boston Liaison