Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund
As part of the federal Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund, Excel Academy has been allocated funds to address (1) COVID prevention and mitigation strategies, (2) loss of instructional time with evidence-based interventions, (3) academic, social, emotional, and mental health needs of all students, especially those disproportionately impacted by the pandemic, and (4) other allowable expenditures. The linked implementation plan reflects the materials submitted in Excel Academy’s application for funds to the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education in late 2021. Please note that Excel Academy may participate in a plan amendment process to modify our planned use of funds over the next three years as the needs of students, staff, and the pandemic further evolve. Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Excel’s Chief Financial Officer.
DESE Tiered Focused Monitoring
Excel Academy’s 2021 District Report Card Released
Every year, each public school district in Massachusetts receives a report card. Just as your child’s report card shows how they are doing in different subjects, the school’s report card is designed to show families how our school is doing in different areas.
Excel Academy’s 2021 report card is available here
Please note when viewing the report card that the information reported is the same for Excel Academy as a school and as a district. The report card provides multiple measures of school performance, including information on student achievement, teacher qualifications, and student learning opportunities.
To find out more information about our school report card:
- If you have questions about our school’s report card or would like to request information about the qualifications of your child’s classroom teacher, please contact Jocelyn Foulke, Managing Director of Operations, at email@example.com or at (617) 819-5542.
- To see our district’s report card or to search for other schools’ report cards, visit doe.mass.edu.
If your child attends a school that receives federal Title I funds, you also have the right to request the following information about the qualifications of your child’s classroom teachers:
- Whether your child’s teacher is licensed in the grade levels and subject areas they teach.
- Whether your child’s teacher is teaching under an emergency license or waiver.
- The college degree and major of your child’s teacher.
- Whether your child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.
Past Year Report Cards
The Massachusetts Department of Elementary & Secondary Education conducts regular reviews of Excel Academy’s program to ensure the school’s compliance with state and federal laws and regulations. The results from such reviews will be provided upon request. Please contact Jocelyn Foulke at firstname.lastname@example.org to request this information.
- Excel Academy Charter School 2020 Report Card Overview
- Excel Academy Charter School 2019 Report Card Overview
- Excel Academy Charter School 2018 Report Card Overview
- Excel Academy Charter School 2017 Report Card Overview
- Excel Academy Charter School 2016 Report Card Overview
- Excel Academy Charter School 2015 Report Card Overview