STUDENT HEALTH INFORMATION
PHYSICAL EXAMINATION AND IMMUNIZATION RECORD REQUIREMENTS
- All NEW Excel Academy students are required to submit an up-to-date immunization record and recent (within the past 12 months) physical examination record BEFORE STARTING SCHOOL. For example, if your student will begin at Excel in August 2024, they must have a PHYSICAL EXAM in August 2023 or later.
- A physical exam is encouraged yearly for ALL school-aged children. We request that you submit a School Health Form (which most healthcare providers will routinely provide) to the School Nurse after your child is examined.
- Physical Exams are required EVERY 2 YEARS for regular school attendance.
- Students must have a Physical Exam EVERY 12 MONTHS to participate in competitive sports activities and sports-related Enrichment Programs. Students will not be allowed to participate without proof of this physical exam.
- Please contact your school nurse if you are having difficulty accessing health care.
ANNUAL HEALTH HISTORY FORM
- A Parent/Guardian must complete the Annual Health History form EVERY YEAR. This keeps your School Nurse updated on student health issues.
CONSENT FOR EXCHANGE OF HEALTH INFORMATION
- This form is completed once and allows for communication between your School Nurse and your child’s healthcare providers. It is now valid for the entire time your child is enrolled at Excel.
If your student needs to take a prescribed medication regularly or PRN (only as needed) while at school, please provide the school nurse with the following:
- Your child’s medication in its pharmacy-labeled packaging (A spacer is recommended with all inhalers.)
- a signed medication order from the Healthcare Provider or Doctor
- Written permission from the parent/guardian for the medication to be given at school
- An Emergency Action Plan for RESCUE MEDICATIONS (Asthma Action Plan or AAP, Allergy Action Plan or AAP, Seizure Action Plan, Migraine Treatment Plan, etc.)
- If your student will carry their inhaler (or Epi-pen) at school, the Nurse must have all of the above information on file.
STUDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CARRY OTHER MEDICATIONS IN SCHOOL. ALL Medications must be presented to the School Nurse.
ALL STUDENTS WHO HAVE BEEN PRESCRIBED RESCUE MEDICATIONS MUST HAVE THEM AVAILABLE IN SCHOOL. (This includes asthma inhalers and Epi-pens.)
Healthcare Providers usually supply all of the above forms when requested. We also have standard forms (Medication Orders, Action Plans and Parent Permission to Give Medication) on the website and at the Health Office.
OVER-THE-COUNTER (OTC) MEDICATIONS
The Health Office keeps several over-the-counter medications for use as needed when deemed necessary by the School Nurse. Parents can give permission for the use of OTC Medications on the ANNUAL STUDENT HEALTH HISTORY form. This permission must be renewed each year.