The Excel Academy Rhode Island school will open in the fall of 2022 for our founding 5th-grade class and grow to serve grades K-12.
Our school will open for its founding year at 622 Woonasquatucket Ave, North Providence, RI 02911.
We would love to welcome your child to Excel Academy Rhode Island. If you have questions, please email email@example.com or call 401-679-6563 for more information.
Excel Academy Rhode Island held its enrollment lottery for the 2022-23 school year on April 1st, 2022. To apply for our post lottery application, click here. Please note all families who apply after March 17, 2022, will be placed on our waitlist. Waitlist applicants will be pulled based on the number of vacancies available and their corresponding number on our waitlist.
All families who have applied by March 17, 2022, will receive information about their student’s offer or waitlist number after the lottery on April 1, 2022. Families do not need to be present to receive a waitlist number. We will notify all families of their student’s waitlist number via email or text message. To inquire about your child’s application status, feel free to contact the Student Enrollment line at 401-679-6563 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHO WE ARE
Excel Academy Rhode Island is a tuition-free charter public K-12 school that will begin serving students in the 2022-2023 school year. Our school will serve 5th graders from the city of Providence, North Providence, and Central Falls starting in September 2022.
We present our students with educational experiences that allow them to grow and discover their best selves so that when they leave our halls, they can successfully navigate all of the post-secondary options available to them. Our theory of change has remained consistent: when a student has the support and tools to pursue a productive post-secondary pathway aligned with personal identity and values, it can fundamentally change their life trajectory.
We support youth to grow and discover who they are through rigorous, anti-racist, and identity-affirming academic curricula. When the whole child excels, our community excels. Excel Academy’s students have achieved remarkable success at the middle and high school levels. Excel Academy students have consistently been ranked as top performers, “Meeting or Exceeding Expectations” on state exams.
At Excel Academy, we learn from our students, families, and staff and make improvements as needed. Over time, we have increasingly adapted to provide a holistic education that fosters identity development, equity for diverse learners, and social-emotional development. Our team of passionate, intelligent, driven, and loving staff is at the core of the work we do. We are honored to be able to partner with and learn from families and community stakeholders in Rhode Island as Excel embarks on its educational journey here.”
Building on our success in Massachusetts: Highlights
- Excel Academy High School has been ranked in the top 3% of public high schools nationwide by the US News and World Report.
- At 4%, Excel Academy has a lower attrition rate than any other Boston charter public school and our sending districts.
- Overall, our schools perform better on the state’s MCAS than 72% of middle/high or K-12 schools statewide.
- The percentage of our students with disabilities who meet or exceed expectations on the MCAS is double the state’s average.
- 20% more of our students with disabilities meet or exceed expectations on the MCAS in the 8th grade in comparison to our sending districts.
- 10% more of our students who are English language learners meet or exceed expectations on the MCAS in the 8th grade in comparison to our sending districts.
- Overall the Student Growth Percentage (SGP) for students who receive Special Education services was 65, putting Excel among the top schools in the state for comparative groups.
- Excel is beating the odds for how students grow in MCAS performance from 5th to 8th grade. Among peer charter public schools, Excel Academy students show the most growth from 5th to 8th grade on the MCAS.
Programs & Services
Academic Programs Offered
- Blended Learning Courses
- Co-teaching model
- Physical Education
- Project-based Learning
Student-Selected Programs Offered
- Advisory Morning Program
- All-Sexualities Alliance
- Boys and Girls Basketball
- Boys and Girls Soccer
- Community Yoga
- Cooking Club
- Spirit Week Committee
- Student Ambassadors
- Youth Advisory Board
Student-Selected Programs Offered
Excel Academy’s program is truly learner-centered. We will plan alongside students to establish in school programs that align with their interests. Our staff bring their content knowledge and represent art and specialized skills which include but are not limited to: athletics, culinary arts, gymnastics, figure skating, anime, and so much more. This paired with our physical education curriculum will bring an experience like no other.
Extended School Day
Excel Academy Rhode Island is developing a school calendar that aligns with the needs of the students and families they serve. This includes an extended academic day, after-school programming, and regular weekend enrichment and academic support options.
Excel Academy Rhode Island will provide transportation options to our families. For all transportation needs please contact our Excel Academy Rhode Island Operations team.
To find out more about our student enrollment process or general questions about our school please contact email@example.com or call 401-679-6563.