Excel Academy Rhode Island opened in the fall of 2022 with its founding 5th-grade class and will grow to serve grades K-12. The school is located at 622 Woonasquatucket Ave, North Providence, RI 02911. We are currently enrolling students entering the 5th and 6th grade for the 2023-2024 school year.
We would love to welcome your child to Excel Academy Rhode Island. If you have questions, please email email@example.com or call 401-679-6563 for more information.
As of May 3rd, 2023 Excel Academy Rhode Island has opened it’s post lottery application for 5th and 6th grade for the 2023-2024 school year. Families can apply by selecting the apply now button below:
For additional support families are encouraged to:
- Call our student enrollment team at 401-679-6563
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit us in person at 622 Woonasquatucket Ave, North Providence, RI 02911 and fill out a paper application
We encourage families to review our frequently asked questions below to learn more about Excel Academy Rhode Island or contact email@example.com or call 401-679-6563 with any additional questions.
WHO WE ARE
Excel Academy Rhode Island is a tuition-free charter public K-12 school that opened for 5th grade in the 2022-2023 school year to serve students from Providence, North Providence, and Central Falls.
We present our students with educational experiences that allow them to grow and discover their best selves so that when they leave our halls, they can successfully navigate all of the post-secondary options available to them. Our theory of change has remained consistent: when a student has the support and tools to pursue a productive post-secondary pathway aligned with personal identity and values, it can fundamentally change their life trajectory.
We support youth to grow and discover who they are through rigorous, anti-racist, and identity-affirming academic curricula. When the whole child excels, our community excels. Excel Academy’s students have achieved remarkable success at the middle and high school levels. Excel Academy students have consistently been ranked as top performers, “Meeting or Exceeding Expectations” on state exams.
At Excel Academy, we learn from our students, families, and staff and make improvements as needed. Over time, we have increasingly adapted to provide a holistic education that fosters identity development, equity for diverse learners, and social-emotional development. Our team of passionate, intelligent, driven, and loving staff is at the core of the work we do. We are honored to be able to partner with and learn from families and community stakeholders in Rhode Island as Excel Academy embarks on its educational journey here.
Building on our success in Massachusetts:
- Excel Academy High School has been ranked in the top 3% of public high schools nationwide by the US News and World Report.
- At 4%, Excel Academy has a lower attrition rate than any other Boston charter public school and our sending districts.
- Overall, our schools perform better on the state’s MCAS than 72% of middle/high or K-12 schools statewide.
- The percentage of our students with disabilities who meet or exceed expectations on the MCAS is double the state’s average.
- 20% more of our students with disabilities meet or exceed expectations on the MCAS in the 8th grade in comparison to our sending districts.
- 10% more of our students who are English language learners meet or exceed expectations on the MCAS in the 8th grade in comparison to our sending districts.
- Overall the Student Growth Percentage (SGP) for students who receive Special Education services was 65, putting Excel among the top schools in the state for comparative groups.
- Excel is beating the odds for how students grow in MCAS performance from 5th to 8th grade. Among peer charter public schools, Excel Academy students show the most growth from 5th to 8th grade on the MCAS.
Programs & Services
Academic Programs Offered
- Co-teaching model
- Physical Education
- Project-based Learning
Student-Selected Programs Offered
Excel Academy’s program is truly learner centered. We will plan alongside students to establish in school programs that align with their interests. Our staff bring their content knowledge and represent art and specialized skills which include but are not limited to: athletics, arts, leadership programs and so much more.
Extended School Day
Excel Academy Rhode Island is developing a school calendar that aligns with the needs of the students and families they serve. This includes an extended academic day, after-school programming, and regular enrichment and academic support options.
Excel Academy Rhode Island will provide transportation to families who qualify. All students who live more than 1.5 miles from our school location will be provided with transportation options. For all transportation needs please contact our Excel Academy Rhode Island Operations team.
To find out more about our student enrollment process or general questions about our school please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 401-679-6563.