As growing network, Excel is always searching for highly qualified teachers, administrators, and Network Team members to join our talented staff. While educational experience is helpful, we are open to hiring talented individuals with varied backgrounds and experience who are interested in education. CLICK HERE to view all available positions and to begin the formal application process.
- We strongly recommend that prospective applicants read the Application & Hiring Process information below carefully prior to submitting an application.
- As the school year progresses, additional job opportunities will be added. We encourage applicants to check back regularly to view these new vacancies.
APPLICATION & HIRING PROCESS
Excel has a rigorous, multi-step interview process that provides prospective candidates the opportunity to engage in thoughtful conversations and in-person meetings with current Excel staff members. See below for an overview of our application and hiring process.
1. Submit an online application
Excel accepts applications on a rolling basis and all applications will be processed as they are received. To view open positions and to begin the formal application process, please CLICK HERE. You will then be directed to our online application center where you will be prompted to create an online profile and upload a copy of your most recent resume.
- Excel does NOT accept applications via email or direct mail. The Excel recruitment team reviews all completed applications, and we make every effort to respond in a timely manner.
- Please do NOT apply for multiple positions; choose one that best fits your background and area of interest. Should you be invited to participate in a phone interview, you will have the opportunity to indicate your interest in additional roles at that time.
2. Phone Interview/Online Video Interview
Depending on the role for which you’ve applied, selected applicants will be invited to participate in either a phone interview with a member of our talent team or an online video interview, the details for which will be shared with candidates via email.
3. Video Demo Lesson
After the phone interview, applicants for instructional roles who are invited to move forward in the interview process may be asked to submit a 5- to 7-minute video demo lesson (to be shared using Dropbox.com). A member of the talent team will provide more information about this stage of the process should you be invited to participate.
4. Phone Interview with Hiring Manager
Applicants who make it to this stage of the interview process will be invited to participate in a second phone interview with the hiring manager for your particular role. Your conversation will include a debrief of your remote demo lesson and a discussion of your past experience.
5. In-Person Interview & Live Model Lesson
After the second phone interview, selected applicants will be invited to an in-person interview at the campus to which you have applied. During your visit, you will have the opportunity to observe classroom instruction, speak with members of our staff, and conduct a 25-minute model lesson with our students using an objective we have provided. After the lesson, you will then have the opportunity to reflect with the hiring manager on your lesson as well as your time spent in the building.
6. Reference Check
On your online application, you will be asked to submit three references with whom you are comfortable having us speak regarding your past professional experience. A member of the recruitment team will notify you before contacting these individuals.