Excel Academy Charter Schools is committed to keeping our community informed about our preparedness and response to the COVID-19 Outbreak. The safety and well-being of our students, staff, and families is our highest priority.
What are Excel’s COVID health and safety plans?
If your student is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 at school, your school nurse will help you identify the proper protocol your student should follow. See below for an overview of guidelines that will be used to as a basis for decision-making in certain COVID-19 scenarios.
|Student Tests Positive||Student Has Symptoms of COVID-19||Student is a Close Contact and Has No Symptoms of COVID-19|
Must isolate a minimum of 5 days from the positive test result or symptom onset (whichever came first).
Must wear a mask for Days 6-10 when around others.
Must receive clearance from the School Nurse to return to campus.
Will receive a rapid test on-site if consent is provided.
Must receive clearance from the School Nurse to remain on campus.
Student should attend school and school-related activities.
In-School COVID-19 Testing
Excel Academy will rapid test students and staff who have symptoms of COVID-19. We must have a current test consent form on file in order to provide testing (consent forms are only valid if they were signed this school year). If you have not completed the consent form, you can ask for a testing consent form from your School Nurse.
Vaccination Against COVID-19
Excel Academy strongly encourages all eligible community members to get vaccinated to protect themselves, their families, and the community.
- MA: The COVID vaccine is free for all, and no ID or insurance is needed to be vaccinated. Find a location at https://www.mass.gov/covid-19-vaccine.
- RI: Find vaccination sites near you at https://www.vaccinateri.org/.
Excel remains committed to implementing layered mitigation strategies informed by public health guidance. We will continue to implement the following COVID mitigation strategies:
- Increased air circulation in all Excel buildings to meet or exceed the targets set by public health leaders.
- Recommending vaccination against COVID-19, including getting a booster vaccine when appropriate. To date, about 95% of Excel staff and more than 70% of Excel students are vaccinated.
- Following isolation and quarantine guidelines for students and staff who test positive for COVID-19 or are exposed to COVID-19 outside of school.
- Continuing to implement symptomatic rapid testing.
What are the COVID-19 rates in the local community?
- RI’s COVID-19 Data Tracker: https://ri-department-of-health-covid-19-data-rihealth.hub.arcgis.com/
- MA’s COVID-19 Data Tracker: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-response-reporting